Dancing With Vero’s Stars is presented in Partnership with Riverside Theatre
If you’re a fan of ABC TV’s Dancing with the Stars or simply a fan of dancing, the Healthy Start Coalition is busy putting the pieces together for the 5th Annual Dancing with Vero’s Stars. In what is expected to be the best year yet, “Dancing” will take place on the evening of Saturday, May 11, 2013 at Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach. The change of venue and date to Mother’s Day weekend is a positive change for the Healthy Start organization and welcomes Riverside Theatre as their new community partner. Proceeds from this event will benefit Healthy Start Coalition and Riverside Theatre’s programs and services.
Until that time, ten local star dancers along with their professional dance instructors will be practicing and honing their dance skills until the star jeweled evening competition arrives.
At a “Meet & Greet” reception held on October 21 at the Costa D’Este Hotel, star dancers, their instructors, Indian River County Healthy Start and Riverside Theatre representatives, as well as committee members, friends and families gathered to hear the anticipated pairing of partners announcement. Co-Chairmen of the event, Cheryl Gerstner and Laura Guttridge, announced this year’s star dancers and their dance instructors:
- Star Dancer -Chris Bieber - Vice President of Commercial Lending for CenterState Bank, active in the United Way and a board member of the Chamber’s Young Professional Network and avid golfer with second year DWVS Instructor Stefanie Conrado, Salsa teacher at Swingsation’s 14th Ave Dance and student at IRSC.
- Star Dancer Adam Chrzan- a sole proprietor Attorney-at-Law, former reporter at the Press Journal and devoted dad with first year DWVS Instructor Terry Greene
- Star Dancer - Page Curtis – a non-profit volunteer, fashion show model, owner of jewelry and clothing line and assistant to local philanthropist with second year DWVS Instructor Barry Trammell co-owner of Vero Classical Ballet and Sales Agent for Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc.
- Star Dancer - Kerry Firth – Owner and Publisher of the InsideTrack Almanac, avid sailer, past board member of the Adult Literacy Board and former VP of the Pelican Island Preservation Society with five time DWVS Instructor Joe Wynes of Desire to Dance and Sebastian River Medical Center
- Star Dancer – Patricia “Trish” Hickey-Reid - The owner and operator of the ladies clothing boutique, Blondies on Ocean., organizer of annual charitable fashion shows and a non-profit event volunteer and sponsor with second year DWVS Instructor Tom Isola, independent dance instructor.
- Star Dancer – Michelle Kantzler- a native-born, Florida Realtor, an independent contractor with Dale Sorensen Real Estate, Inc., and an active non-profit volunteer with first year DWVS Instructor Jose Ratto, 14th Avenue Swingsation Dance Studio Zumba instructor and Latin dancer.
- Star Dancer - Deryl Loar - Elected as Indian River County’s tenth Sheriff in 2008 and re-elected in 2012, a member of or serves on over one dozen boards in the county and a yearly participant in the annual Walk A Mile in Her Shoes event dancing with former star dancer and two time DWVS Instructor Patti Rooney – Controller of Riverside Theatre who also danced in the famous Radio City Music Hall Rockette’s Christmas Show.
- Star Dancer- Mary Beth McDonald – A quintessential volunteer who served as Mayor and a City Councilmember and prior to that, the City’s Communication Director with four time DWVS Instructor Robert Scott owner of Indian River Ballroom.
- Star Dancer – John Michael Sarbak- a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and Medical Director of the White Orchid Spa, Smile Trained, a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery with four time DWVS Instructor Karren Walter of the Indian River Ballroom.
- Star Dancer - John Talmadge- President and Owner of Ace Hardware of Vero Beach, a Certified Flight Instructor and Commercial Pilot and a member of the 30th Masonic District Masters and Wardens Association with two time DWVS Instructor Amy Trammell co-owner, teacher and dancer at Vero Classical Ballet
The star dancers and instructors will train for 20 hours over several months and gather community votes in advance of the evening on the official website, www.Dancingwithverostars.com then later at the dance competition itself. Each $1 raised will equate to a vote for the dancer. Additionally, dancers are expected to raise a minimum $3,500 each to support the two benefiting non-profits. All dancers will be judged on 50% money raised and 50% based on their dancing skills. Dance styles may include Tango, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Waltz, Cha Cha, and Salsa as well as some new twists not seen in previous years. Audiences will not only be wowed by strictly ballroom dances, but will see a new international flair to the dance styles as well as the enjoyment of a pre-show Red Carpet event, cocktail party complete with an open bar, hors d’ouevres and a silent auction.
Tickets for the May 11th event will be priced at $200 for exclusive seating, $150 for premium seating, $100 for general seating while a specially priced VIP package will be advertised soon after. Tickets will be on sale in early November. You may purchase a ticket by visiting the Riverside Theatre Box Office in person, 3250 River Park Drive in Vero Beach, or call the Riverside Theatre Box Office directly at 772-231-6990. Visa or MasterCard only. There is limited handicapped availability. Please inquire at Box Office.
Interested in more information? Interested in sponsorship opportunities? While more event information unfolds over the months ahead, potential sponsors of the event may contact the Healthy Start Coalition at 772-563-9118. To vote for your favorite dance candidate or to make a donation in their name, visit www.Dancingwithverostars.com. The IRC Healthy Start Coalition unites together locally in community partnerships to promote a system of care that optimizes/maximizes healthy outcomes for all pregnant women, infants, young children.